Information available in Ukrainian about banking services in Belgium
If you’ve recently arrived in Belgium from Ukraine, you have to organise everything quickly in a completely new environment. And this is no easy task. That is why we are here to help. On this webpage, you will find information and useful documents in Ukrainian about banking services, to make your start in Belgium a little easier.
Basic banking service for recognised refugees, asylum seekers and other temporarily protected persons
With the basic banking service, you can open a current bank account at a Belgian bank. You can perform basic transactions with this current account: withdraw money, pay by transfer or debit card, and create standing orders and direct debits.
Leaflet basic banking service
In our leaflet, we answer the most urgent questions about the basic banking service. Are you eligible for the service, is it free and what document do you need to open such account? You can find the leaflet below:
- Основні банківські послуги для осіб, які отримали притулок або статус біженця
- Basic banking service for asylum seekers and refugees
- De basisbankdienst voor asielzoekers en vluchtelingen
- Le service bancaire de base pour les demandeur-se-s d'asile et les réfugié-e-s
Press release ‘Belgian banks offer Ukrainian refugees basic banking service’
Read our press release about the basic banking service, here:
Ukrainian refugees can deposit cash Hryvnias into their account with Belgian banks from 1 June onwards
From 1 June, Ukrainian refugees registered in Belgium can exchange Grivnia banknotes for euros at the National Bank’s counters and at branches of the participating banks Belfius, Beobank, BNP Paribas Fortis, ING, KBC, CBC and KBC Brussels. As expressly requested in a European Commission recommendation, a maximum of 10 000 Grivnia can be exchanged per adult.
- З 1 червня українські біженці зможуть зараховувати готівкову гривню на свої рахунки у бельгійських банках | Febelfin
- Ukrainian Grivnia can be exchanged in Belgium from 1 June | Febelfin
- Oekraïense vluchtelingen kunnen vanaf 1/6 Hryvnia's storten | Febelfin
- Les réfugiés ukrainiens pourront échanger leurs hryvnias | Febelfin
Jobs in the financial sector
After you have arranged your initial arrival, you may be looking for a job. Maybe you want to work in the financial sector? Below, you find how you can apply for a job in finance:
Any further questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (in EN-NL-FR). We are happy to help. More general information about the Belgian financial sector is available at www.febelfin.be . Some information is also available in Ukrainian.