Vacancy Director Financial Markets & Infrastructure Febelfin - BASE (V/M/X)
As a representative and spokesperson for the financial sector, Febelfin continuously develops a social and transparent banking system together with its members. Our innovations range from sustainable investments and diversity in the bank's staff, to mobile payments anytime, anywhere.
Febelfin coordinates the Belgian Association of Banks and Brokerage Firms, the Professional Credit Association, BEAMA, the Belgian Leasing Association and the Belgian Association of Stock Exchange members (BASE).
Febelfin is looking for a Director Financial Markets & Infrastructure who wants to contribute to the evolution of the financial sector. As a director, you will also be involved in the activities of our sub-association BASE.
BVBL is the professional association which mainly represents brokerage firms based in Belgium in their traditional activities and in their patrimony advice and management.
What will you be doing at Febelfin?
As the Director of the Financial Markets & Infrastructure team and the BASE sub-association, you will:
- proactively follow up on the national, European and international legal and regulatory developments that directly or indirectly impact the activities in the financial markets and the ‘Securities Value Chain’ in Belgium.
- provide advice and work out the positions of our sector in specialised committees and working groups at a Belgian and European level.
- support information-sharing and networking among members, including market infrastructures and similar European associations.
- take on a role in Public Affairs and help build our relationships with the government, politicians, the financial supervisory authorities and other stakeholders.
- provide support to the BASE Secretariat by taking care of their Board meetings, strategic reflections, Market watch information and the organisation of annual debates.
In order to meet societal needs, you will come up with creative projects, which you then also help to develop.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a master's degree.
- You have some experience and interest in the financial markets, and you want to continue your development in this area.
- You are diplomatic and enjoy reconciling creative points of view.
- You combine curiosity, desire to learn, good communication as well as practical skills.
- You like social interaction and are a team player who takes initiative.
- You are aware of the social responsibility that a sector organisation has.
- You have an active knowledge of French, Dutch and English.
What does Febelfin have to offer?
- A competitive salary plus extra-legal benefits, such as a company car, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, itinerant insurance, flex income plan, meal vouchers, mobile phone with subscription, laptop, etc.
- A contract of indefinite duration.
- A professional environment with an extensive network in the financial world.
- A workspace where it is nice to be.
- A pleasant working atmosphere with after-works, inspiration sessions and other enjoyable team moments.
- Extensive opportunities to follow training courses and to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
- The opportunity to manage your job and organise it flexibly (teleworking).
How do you proceed?
- Has this job vacancy sparked your interest? Then do not hesitate to apply. Send your CV together with a short cover letter to Christine Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August.
- Febelfin has signed the Women in Finance Charter for a better gender balance at all levels within the financial sector. We would like to hear from you and we value your unique experience, regardless of gender, origin, age or track record.